If your parent’s house is anything like mine, there is always a box of baking soda. Somewhere. I am going to tell you just why your mom used baking soda and so should you.
Baking soda is known for, well, baking. But there are some surprising household remedies from this secret ingredient.
- Yellow stains on white shirts- Yep, its gross but most of us have them pit stains. Make a paste, 4 tbsp to 1 cup water, let the paste set for one hour then wash the garment. Repeat before drying if needed.
- Stained coffee mugs- Your favorite mug is looking a little used, baking soda to the rescue! Crate a paste and scrub the inside with old toothbrush or rag.
- Dirty pans- That cooked on black layer that just won’t come off no matter how hard your scrub. Crate a paste and let stand for 1-2 hours, rise and repeat if needed.
- Mouth wash- Yes, you read that right, 1 tsp mixed with water. Swish. Rinse. Good to go.
- Stop the itch- Make a paste and place on insect bite to elevate the irritation.
- Clean hair tools- 1 tsp to 1 cup water and let your combs and brushes soak to reduce oil build up.
- Unclog drains- Yes, forget those toxic chemicals. 1/4-1/2 cup baking soda, 1/2-1cup white distilled vinegar, 1/2-1gallon of boiling water.
- Keep flowers fresh- Add 1 tsp to the vase.
- Produce wash- 1/4 cup mixed in a sink full of water, wash produce then rinse.
- Carpet deodorizer- Sprinkle baking soda on the mess, let sit over night then vacuum.
Do you have additional uses for baking soda?