When I see this picture I rejoice because I remember the good.
The laughs we shared on our walk to the beach.
I remember how Austin and I were a little overdressed for an LA winter day.
I remember being present, content, and full of life. 💕
But I can’t help but think….
- What if I didn’t say yes to myself?
- Where would I be?
- How many memories would be ruined?
Some see me now but don’t know my struggle.
Yes, I was fit growing up and through most of college/my 20’s.
In grad school I gained a lot of weight due to long days, poor nutrition, binge drinking, and not working out.
I was able to lose most of it when I adopted strict pescatarian (diary free) and started doing hours of cardio every week.
But, once I became a jury consultant all the weight came back.
Mostly because I was starving myself, 1000-1200 calories a day, but I also lacked nutrients 🙈.
I am telling you all of this because as I look back I remember feeling completely uncomfortable.
I see pictures and I can’t believe that was me.
- I remember vacations where I would fight with Austin simply because my clothes didn’t fit or he wanted a picture but I was too self-conscious.
- I remember not being able to snowboard with all of my friends. My clothes were too tight and I wasn’t able to get up easily when I fell. I cried because it was clear I was the athlete I thought I was. 🏂
- I remember not wanting to take pictures on our honeymoon in Aruba because I felt uncomfortable. 🦜
I hid it well but I struggled.
Now, I wonder where I would be if I didn’t say yes.
- I would be stuck in a job a hate, while prestigious, it does little to positively impact the world.
- I would still be traveling but too ashamed to take a picture with my husband.
- I would be frustrated every time I had to get dressed.
- I would be unmotivated to go to the gym because I wasn’t seeing results.
My heart hurts for that version of myself. 💔
I wish someone would have poured love and life into me then, but regrets don’t change reality.
I remember, this is why I share this nutrition.
I know it works. I am proof; the scientific studies are proof. The thousands of other consumers are proof.
I share this nutrition because it changes lives, physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially.
I’m not saying network marketing is the best, I’m saying its better; HOWEVER, I am saying this nutrition is the best.
You can continue to doubt what I am doing and struggle on your own, Sis, or you can take a leap of faith towards a better, more authentic life.
The choice is yours. I just wanted to let you know I remember all those feelings.
My inbox is always open. 💌