Time flies when you’re having fun. That’s the adage, right? It’s difficult for me to believe Austin and I started dating 15 years ago. I’m not sure I can narrow down or describe how we make it work, but I’d love to share a few things I’ve learned in the past 15 years.
But first, look at this picture of Austin and I on our first date, such babies!
- Understand we are all a work in progress; no one is perfect.
- Forgiveness, this shouldn’t be news to anyone.
- Never stop “dating”. Alone time without phones is beyond important.
- Be honest, even when the truth is difficult.
- Trust, in all aspects of life.
- Understand conflicts are good; but when you have a fight, fight fair.
- Take care of yourself. Set personal goals, go out with friends, workout.
- Remember your manners; say please & thank you.
- Never stop playing; life will get hard but make time to laugh.
- Be realistic.
- Show affection & say I love you.
I by no means want to imply that Austin and I are perfect, we aren’t; we’ve just been blessed with the ability to grow together. We understand each, appreciate our differences, and remain committed to one another.