For most of us we have nothing but time on our hands right now- so here’s you chance to try a new (slightly more complicated) recipe- Vegan Gluten Free Garlic Knots. They’re sure to be a hit! 😀
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour use gluten-free, if needed
- 1 cup Coconut Yogurt (vegan)
- 2 tbsp dairy-free butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp dried Italian herbs basil, oregano, and thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine self-rising flour and the yogurt- mix well, until combined. Use your hands to incorporate it together (e.g., form a ball of dough).
- Place flour on kitchen counter or cutting board, what ever surface you will use for rolling. Add a tablespoon of flour on top of the ball of dough, transfer to the floured surface. Press into flat, circular shape. Divide the dough into 8 or 16 pieces- 8 for large knots, 16 for smaller knots.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a sausage shape (length and width). Grab both ends of the dough and meet together, before folding one under the other to form a ‘knot’. Repeat until all are knotted. Transfer them all to the lined tray.
- Melt your butter (or oil). Whisk through the minced garlic and Italian herbs. Use a pastry brush and brush the tops of each garlic knot.
- Bake the garlic knots for 20 minutes, or until just golden on top. Remove from the oven and cover them with a dish cloth or towel for around 5 minutes, to keep the insides of the knots fluffy. Remove and then re-brush with more garlic butter.