Easy Vegan Enchiladas
Two things I love: Texmex and easy recipes. 😊 One of the things that makes Texme so easy is that you can put whatever you have in a tortilla and it’s DELICIOUS. Here’s a quick recipe, about 40 minutes total prep yields 10-14 enchiladas (depending how full you want them). 🤤
- 1 small yellow onion- diced
- 3 garlic cloves- diced
- 2 large red bell peppers- chopped
- 3-5 small ripe avocados
- Cheese shreds, I use Miyokos cheddar shreds
- Meat replacement, optional, I use Beyond Meat
- 1 can black beans- rinsed & strained
- 1 package of rice, I use RIght Rice Spanish
- 20 tortillas, I use Siete Almond flour.
- Enchilas sauce, I used Siete
- Sour cream, optional
- Cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the rice (follow directions on package).
- In a medium pan cook the optional meat replacement (~4 minutes don’t cook until done it will dry out in the oven.
- Combine rice (once cooked), black beans, and meat replacement in large mixing bowl.
- Brown the onion and garlic (in same pan meat replacement was cooked).
- Add veggies to the onion and garlic mixture (cook for ~3 minutes).
- Add veggies to rice, bean, and meat replacement mixture. Season to taste.
- Fill tortilla with mixture and place in an oven safe pan. (Pro tip: use a tooth pick to hold tortilla in place while you fill the next one).
- Once pan is full add enchilada sauce and cheese, bake for 10 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, cilantro, and guac (optional).
Pro tip(s): Check out Imperfect Foods and buy the Siete bundle, you won’t regret it.
Enjoy, tag me in your posts (@jeanajuice), and check out more recipes here.🌱