One of my favorite things to do as you’ll see with many of my recipes is to make traditional dishes vegan; this one is not an exception. Vegan Chick Salad. 🤤
I am always looking for healthy, quick snack and lunch recipes.
One or two dishes, less than 15 minutes to prep, and quick clean up are music to my ears.
Honestly, until recently I forgot about traditional chicken or tuna salad for lunch or high protein snack. I was never a huge fan of either so a Vegan option was not top of mind for me, but I recently saw an IG fitness account post a macro break down of tuna salad which got my gears started turning.
This little snack takes about 5 minutes to prep, it’s easy to do in a large batch to save for later (e.g., meal prep), and the macro break down is really good, if you are into that thing.
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas
- Pickles, I use 4 dill pickles per can of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp (Vegan) mayo, I use Follow Your Heart
- 1 red onion- optiona
- Sriracha- optional
- Salt, to taste
- Peper, to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Mash chickpeas, I use Ninja food processor but you could use a fork or muddler
- Add salt and pepper (to taste) to chickpea “mash” and process one more time
- Cut off the ends and chop pickles, I love pickles so I leave them on the larger side
- Chop onion into small cubes
- Incorperate (Vegan) mayo, pickles, and sriracha to the chickpea mixture
- Eat on bread, with pita chips, or with a fork!
This does not look food blog worthy, but I promise it’s delicious, and cruelty free. 😊
(Total) macro break down:
- Chickpeas (1 can): F7 P21 C70 Cals420
- FYH mayo (2 tbsp): F18 Cals 160
*If you want a larger batch for the week, just double the measurements.