I think we’re all looking for a way to get more vegetables in our diet (and maybe less carbs). 😬 A few years ago I discovered ZOODLES! Here’s a great Zoodle & Avocado Alfredo recipe.
Get your veggies, your fats, & satisfy your carb craving.
Original recipe can be found here.
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (depending on consistency)
- 4 medium zucchini o (or carrots)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add all the sauce ingredients into a food processor, starting with just 1/4 cup of almond milk. Process on high until smooth and creamy.
- Depending on the size of your avocado, you might need to add more almond milk. Add additional almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach the consistency of a soft pudding.
- Prepare the zucchini noodles by first spiralizing them into long noodles. Then heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about 60 seconds. Add zucchini noodles and saute until just tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini noodles to a bowl and top with sauce. Toss to with salad tongs until all the noodles are evenly coated.
- Divide evenly among four dishes and serve!