Black bean Burger
Black beans, not something I would eat before I went vegan but they have quickly become a staple in my diet. I love the butternut squash and black bean enchilada AND this black bean burger recipe. Both are quick and super yummy!
- 1 can black beans (15 oz)- rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 cloves of garlic (or more depending on your taste)- minced
- 3 medium baby carrots- grated
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Sriracha), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour, or as needed
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, torn into small crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet- I use avocado spray.
- Mash black beans in a bowl (a muddler works perfect for this)
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, and green bell pepper. Mix.
- Whisk cornstarch, water, chile-garlic sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper together in a separate small bowl.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into black bean mixture.
- Mix bread crumbs into bean mixture.
- Stir in flour, 1/4 cup at a time until a sticky batter forms.
- Form burger patties (I use the 1/2 cup to help) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked in the center and crisp in the outside, about 10 minutes on each side.
Enjoy, tag me in your posts (@jeanajuice), and check out more recipes here.🌱