There is something about this time of year, the time change and cool weather, that makes me want to bake all the yummy food. Usually I have to modify recipes to make them plant base/vegan, but I’m okay with that. 😋🌱
A little caveat before we get going, I’ve made muffins two ways; with almond flour and a second time with chocolate almond flour (hence the different pictures). In addition, I prefer a more cake like muffin; I’ll instruct you on how to make a more traditional muffin if that’s your jam. ☺️
- 1 cup almond flour (or chocolate flour, I used Simple Mills)
- 2 cups Isagenix (seasonal) plant based Banana Bread shake
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 bananas (preferably ripe)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 2 tbsp water (egg substitute)
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 325 F.
- Grease your muffin tin, or insert liners.
- Create your egg substitute (1 tbsp Chia seeds to 2 tbsp water).
- In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas (if you want, leave some chunks).
- Combine almond flour, Banana Bread shake, almond milk, and chia seed (egg substitute) into the mixing bowl with the mashed banana. Mix throughly.
- Add 1/2 cup of the coconut oil in addition to the sugar (optional). Mix throughly.
- Check the consistency; as mentioned above, I prefer a more cake like muffin so mine dough is a little on the thicker side. If you want, add the rest of the coconut oil and /or 1 tbsp of almond milk while mixing until your desired consistency is reached.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until tooth pick is clear when placed in the middle of a muffin.
- Let cool ~5 minutes.
Enjoy, tag me in your posts (@jeanajuice), and check out more recipes here.🌱
Note: If you use the Simple Mills chocolate mix, it measures out to about 2 1/2 cups. I used the entire box, added 2 1/2 cups of Banana Bread shake, then doubled all the other ingredients, this yield 12 large muffins and 24 small muffins (with the thicker batter).