Has quarantine got you cook and baking more than usual? Same, here’s a great (quick & easy) vegan banana bread recipe!
- 4 ripe organic bananas (about 14oz or 380g peeled)
- 11⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 11⁄4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, or organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp chopped walnut pieces
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 F, greasing your bread pan (or line with parchment paper) and chopping your walnuts into smaller pieces.
- In a medium bowl, sift together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Make sure not to leave any big chunks.
- Add the sugar and oil to the bananas and mix until evenly combined.
- Once the oil and sugar are incorporated, gently fold in the dry ingredients just enough for everything to come together.
- Now, gently fold in your walnut pieces.
- Pour the batter into your greased bread pan.
- Bake at 350oF for 25-35 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.