Broccoli has a lot of protein packed into a bite size, low calorie veggie. But many of us (myself included) don’t really know what to do with it. I found this recipe for Bang Bang Broccoli. It’s delicious and fairly simple.😋
Bang Bang Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 head of Broccoli
- Oil for frying
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Whisk together the mayo
- Chili paste
- Agave in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes to make vegan buttermilk.
- Add the flour and cornstarch to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add hot sauce and almond milk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Put the bread-crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Cut broccoli into florets.
- Heat the oil on medium-high in a large pan (you need about 1/2 inch of oil at the bottom of the pan).
- Dip each floret of broccoli in the batter.
- Then into the panko and coat thoroughly.
- Once the oil is hot add the broccoli to the hot oil.
- Fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until brown and crispy.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.