I know the world feels a little out of control right now. I also know it’s easy to focus on the negative, but I’m going to take this opportunity to focus on (and share) my positive lockdown lessons; I urge you to make a list of your own.
- I have a new level of respect for my husband and his patience with my perfectionist ways.💕
- I have a newfound love for our sweet girl Keiki, may she Rest In Peace.💔
- I am beyond grateful for every single day I have with Anela, our little 👵🏼🐶.
- I am experiencing the pure joy a puppy brings into one’s life.👼🏼
- I have a new appreciation for genuine friendships and intelligent conversations.
- I was reminded some friendships pick up right where they left off and others transcend distance.
- I learned what it’s like to be home sick, to truly miss my parents and sister.
- I have a new sense of gratitude for home workouts and the privilege to utilize them.
- I am beyond grateful for my home-based business that has allowed me to keep working and bless others during this time.
- I have never been more thankful for technology but understand I have limits.
- I appreciate the small things; a walk to the beach, a good red wine, home-cooked meals, a good book, 90’s movies, and a hug from someone I love.
- I learned how attached I am to traveling, concerts, live sports, and Soul-Cycle.
- I was reminded I can do hard things (so can you) and I’m a work in progress (if I choose to be).
I know we all want to return to normal but I urge you to consider what you are rushing back to; because, out of all of this I have learned what I can live without.