Being in quarantine has me cooking, a lot; and friend, I love burgers but sometimes I needed to spice things up (pun intended)! I searched high and low for Spicy vegan Chickpea Taquitos, the recipes I cam across contained chicken; except one.
I made a few adjustments based on my personal taste and what I had in my pantry, but the original recipe can be found here.
THESE SPICY VEGAN CHICKPEA TAQUITOS ARE:
- Easy to make
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooke time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeño chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 3 tbsp hot sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste (optional)
- Chili powder to taste (optional)
- 2-3 avocados for guacamole (optional)
- 10 tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees.
- Using a fork or muddler to mash the chickpeas in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion (save little bit if you like raw onion in your guac) and bell pepper, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and spice mix, sauté for a one minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat to low, let simmer for 2-4 minutes. Stirring occasionally, then turn off the heat.
- Season the mixture to your taste.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place about 2 tbsp of the filling in each tortilla (filling from top to bottom).
- Roll the tortilla tightly and place seam down on the baking sheet (next to each other).
- Brush the filled tortillas with little bit of olive oil (to make them even more crispier).
- Bake for (about) 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Make the guacamole.🥑
- Cool for 3-5 minutes before consuming!😋