Another Tex Mex recipe comin’ at ya; Stuffed Peppers! I love this recipe because honestly you can put whatever you want (or have) into peppers and it comes out delic.
JALAPEÑO CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 red onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño roughly chopped
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
- 3 large bell peppers cut in half and deseeded
- 1/2 cup jalapeño cream sauce + more for topping
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh, frozen, or canned & optional)
- 1 (large) tomato, chopped
- 2 green chilies, deseeded and chopped
- THE JALAPEÑO CREAM SAUCE:
Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic, cumin, and pepper. Saute until onions begin to soften (approx. 5-7 minutes), stirring regularly.
- Add jalapeño and cream cheese to the pan and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until cream cheese is softened and everything is combined.
- Add the contents of the pan to a blender with cilantro and 1/4 cup of water. Pulse until combined. Add additional water if needed and taste to adjust seasoning. Pour into a bowl and place in the fridge until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour a couple tablespoons of water into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the peppers) into a large bowl and stir to combine. Taste filling and adjust seasoning as needed. Fill each pepper with filling mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Remove from the oven and top with jalapeño cream sauce and cilantro.