This is why you’re stuck.
I have officially completed 15 days of 75Hard.
The difference I feel in my body, in my confidence, in my mental clarity is unexplainable (and just the beginning).
You may be asking yourself what is 75 hard?
It’s a simple program designed by Andy Frisella.
Don’t confuse simple with easy, because it’s not easy; and that’s the point.
Complete the following for 75 days in a row (if you mess up one thing, start over at day 1).
- Two 45-minute workouts a day, 1 has to be outside.
- Drink a gallon of water.
- Follow a diet of your choice, no cheat meals and no alcohol.
- Take a progress picture.
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction book.
In the past two weeks:
- I attended a post fundraiser dinner, sober.
- I went to my favorite brewery, sober.
- I got sick (slept for 17 hours), still got my shit done.
- I attended a wedding + reception, sober.
- I went to my favorite beach bar, sober.
This week I am heading to Arizona for a huge work event. To be completely honest the last thing I want to do is wake up even earlier to get my workouts in, but I am going to do it.
Now, whatever excuse(s) you just thought of as to why you could never complete 75 hard is exactly the reason you are where you are in life.
I could have waited to start 75 hard after my work trip, or after the Super Bowl parties, or whatever event I decided to make an excuse around.
I am tired of mediocrity.
I am tired of failed goals.
I am tired of being stuck.
I’m not judging you or your journey; I just know I was tired of those feelings. I know I am here for so much more.
In the words of one of my favorite (self appointed) mentors
You have to give up in order to grow up.Emily Vavra
You have to be willing to give up what you want right now in order to have what you want long term.