I keep seeing the trend comparing 2020 vs 2023, I get it a lot has changed. But I am not here to be trendy. I want more- I want substance.
So I am going to share my biggest personal lesson learned since 2020.
Stop saving I love you for holidays and special occasions.
Say I love you often and with genuine appreciation.
I use to think I was too cool, too independent to say I love you.
I failed to understand love is more than an emotion, it is a true appreciation for what others bring into your life (good and bad). But more importantly, I failed to realize that loving others is simply a reflection of how much I love myself.
Now, I say I love you often.
- I say it when I leave SoulCycle.
- I say it to Kamea every night.
- I say it to Austin before I go on a walk.
- I say it to my parents via text + voice memos.
- I say it when family members are leaving for a trip.
- I say it to friends, some I have never met IRL, via direct messages.
Because the brutal reality is, that ‘I love you.’ could be their last memory of me.
Realize being alive is a special occasion.
I love you. 🤍J